Become a Raceway Track Ambassador
The Sonoma Raceway Track Ambassador Program is an all-volunteer, service program that currently enrolls individuals who love helping others, take pride in service, and typically enjoy the sport of auto racing.
Track Ambassadors volunteer their time at our major racing events (NASCAR and NHRA) and a few of our smaller marquee events, like the Sonoma Speed Festival, MotoAmerica, and CSRG. They also assist with the Wednesday Night Drags and Sonoma Drift programs and many of the off-track promotional events, including various shows around Northern California. Ambassadors can choose to work as many or as few days as their interest and schedule allows.
Ambassadors also play an essential role in supporting Speedway Children's Charities, the charitable arm of Sonoma Raceway, which raises money for Sonoma County youth organizations that serve our region's youth and build stronger communities.
Track Ambassadors receive:
- A the Track Ambassador uniform (polo shirt, jacket and hat)
- Worker credentials for each event worked
- Two (or more) weekend tickets for friends or family
- Free camping privileges for working two or more days during a major event weekend.
Ambassadors who work 10 days (or shifts) during the season receive an invitation for the Ambassador Party held at the end of the racing season.This very popular event usually features:
- Drag race competition, and track time on our famous road course
- A blow-out BINGO game with great prizes
- A catered dinner served by raceway staff
- Fabulous raffle prizes and other goodies
- Awards ceremony including the naming of the Sam Posner Ambassador of the Year
Are suited to be a Track Ambassador?
- You enjoy providing excellent service to others
- You accept responsibility with a positive attitude
- You take pride in your personal appearance and practice good personal hygiene
- You are glad to put the needs of others above your own
- You are flexible and friendly
- You receive direction well and take job assignments seriously
- You like being part of a team
- You own or can purchase a pair of tan or beige-colored khaki slacks (not jeans or shorts)
- You love being around racing, even if you can’t see the action on the track
- You like interacting with raceway fans and helping to ensure they have a positive race-day experience
For more information about the Raceway Ambassador program, contact Event Services Manager, Mike Dunevent, at MDunevent@medsfororegon.com or (707) 933-3902.